CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 3, 2012

Sew Fun!

Let me start out by saying TGIF! Yay for Fridays! And second off, this Hello Kitty sewing machine is to die for! I am oddly obsessed with Hello Kitty and could (and may someday) have all things Hello Kitty. :) (I even have her tattooed on my arm!)


Anywhooo..... I decided that after years of b*tching about wanting to learn to sew that I would just do it. Sit down and teach myself (after having my friend show me how to wind a damn bobbin). Ha!
I also decided to take on a MAJOR sewing project for my first go. Probably not the best idea, but I think it really turned out amazing! Here it is: http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/pdfs/Bloom_Quilt.pdf

I didn't use this fabric or anything like it at all. Mine is busy and SUPER FUN! I wasn't sure about it at first, but I love it now that it's all tied together. That's just the kind of person I am. Crazy, busy and fun! This is for my baby girl, Boo. All the things I love (flowers, skulls, peacock feathers, birds...) I wasn't obsessed with making it matchy-matchy and that's why it was so fun to do! I still need to attach all the yo-yos, but this quilt will be amazing when fully finished! 
Some of the directions were not correct on the pattern to make this, so I had to improvise. I am so lucky I am somewhat craft or this EXPEN$IVE quilt could have been a disaster! Phew! 


So after finishing this, I decided to try my hand at a bib and it turned out ADORABLE! I love it and have people wanting one already. Wow...this could turn into something good! ;)

Making this quilt was quite the experience and I am SEW glad I did it! Boo will have something special that I made for her that she can cherish forever. I LOVE SEWING! Watch for more creations!


No comments: